Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Everything's Coming Up Roses

At this moment that I am typing this, I am happy. I've felt this way since Monday night and the feeling keeps on going. I was terrified that once back at work today the happiness would be ruined. Anger and bitterness would return, and I would start drinking again. Nope. It was funny too. Before our shift started my co-workers were making fun of me, all making guesses on how long it would take me to get into a bad mood, since I was in a good one. Well they must have reversed-jinxed me, because I had a great night at work. Now those last four words very, VERY rarely exist in the same sentence together, at least when said (typed) by me. All my tables sat for hours, ordering constantly, and tipping 20% if not more. That means little work for Dana, but a nice pay out at the end of the night. Not one single person annoyed me while there. Not one. I thought I was going to get hit by a bus as soon as I left because it was that easy of a night. Sure everyone on the sidewalk on my way to work was in my way, but that was nothing more than an itchy mosquito bite. One more to add to the numerous ones covering my legs. Even the bites aren't getting me down! Until I find out I have West Nile or some other headline disease. I really am trying to keep the happiness and positive energy going.

Why am I in such a good mood? Well for starters I got laid, after a month of nothing. It's amazing how that one act can change your entire mood. It only does it to such an extreme though after I go without it for a long period of time. A month is a long time. I went to New Jersey for a few days too, and it was great getting to see my family and to get a break from the city. Mr. Big visited on Monday, which I know had the biggest impact on my newfound mental and emotional state. Yes, I can thank him for the sexy times, but see him was so much more than that. While he was there I almost convinced myself I would have been okay with hanging out with him and not sleeping together. HA. We were having that great of a time talking and just being with each other. I won't go into details, because there's way too many, but I honestly had one of the best times I've ever had with him. Everything was different. We've been building towards "this," for a year and a half now, and Monday was the first time everything seemed to be coming to light. I feel like I'm in high school again, when you find out the guy you've had a huge crush on forever might like you back. Except we've done everything backwards by being friends, sleeping with each other most of our friendship, and telling each other about the other people we're sleeping with. Oh, and only seeing each other once every few months. Yeah. After years of this, I think things are changing. And I'm so, so, so happy. I only hope the feeling lasts and everything continues to change for the better. Right now, I feel like nothing but good things will happen, and that goes for every aspect of my life. Who knows what will happen tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment