Saturday, April 18, 2009

Here's to new ramblings

I consider myself a writer, therefore, it would probably be a good thing for me to write. Okay, I do write, but not as often as I should. Writing needs to become part of my daily routine. And even though I beg to disagree, writing ideas and short dialogue down all the time in my Moleskine doesn't count.

While I prefer scripts to novels, a blog is something different. I had one back when I was 18 and 19. Those entries consisted of me complaining about my boy du jour, complaing about my ex-boyfriend, and complaining about living in New Jersey. Now, three years later, I'm living in New York City, and have tons of new things to complain about! Isn't life grand? I have not started up blogging again just to air my grievances thoguh, instead I did it to, as I said before, write. I need to kick my ass into writing on a daily basis, even if it's on this thing just to get my brain working and my fingers typing. Too much of my life is spent socializing, I'm a freakin socioholic (I just made that up, excellent). Then again, great friends provide great material for my plays and sketches. It's a vicious cycle. I'm also a raging narcissist (Virgos usually are), therefore I feel that everyone in the world should want to read what I have to say in my blog. YES. So now, not only will this make me feel more productive and help me explore my random thoughts, it will also entertain the masses. Is there anything more fulfilling than that? Don't say motherhood. No.

The next time I open this site up I should have a more focused topic to write about, that topic will typically be myself. Is there anything more masturbatory than a blog? Next to actual masturbation itself of course. Enough with the rhetorical questions that I won't even attempt to answer. I feel more fulfilled after typing this already. Pat myself on the shoulder, and I'm done.

2 comments:

  1. Good For you Dana, getting some shit together...looking forward to some good Jersey girl complaining

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I'm not to keen on the "follower" label. So if I want to read your blog when you post I'm now a "follower"? This is bullshit, man!! Bullshit.

    ReplyDelete